This notice is provided to you on behalf of Read Insurance Agency, Inc. This notice represents the policy of Read Insurance Agency, Inc. to protect the private information we collect concerning our policyholders or consumers. We appreciate the trust you place in us when you provide us with the personal information we need when you purchase insurance from us. We take our obligation to protect your information seriously. This notice provides you with an explanation of where we get information about you when we write your insurance policies and to whom we disclose that information.
In the course of issuing or processing a policy or handling a claim, we may collect information about you from:
1) The insurance application or other form (for example, your name, address, date of birth and social security number);
2) Your transactions with us (such as payment and claim histories);
3) Consumer reporting agencies (such as your credit history);
4) Government agencies (such as county recorder's office).
We treat your personal information with respect and concern for your privacy. We do not sell any of your personal information to any third party. We maintain physical, electronic, and/or procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard the information we obtain from you. In the course of our normal insurance business transactions, we may disclose some information about you to nonaffiliated third parties but only as permitted by law. Examples of some organizations to whom we might give information are:
- Independent claims adjusters, appraisers, or attorneys who would need the information to handle your claims.
- Insurance rating organizations who require information for actuarial purposes.
- Law enforcement or other governmental agencies in response to a subpoena or threat of one, or in connection with suspected fraudulent claims.
- Our affiliated companies
- Nonaffiliated 3rd parties that provide services on our behalf or who perform marketing services for us and with whom we have joint marketing agreements. While this sharing is allowed by law, these parties must agree to confidentiality provisions to assure the protection of your information.
If you end your customer relationship with us or become an inactive customer, we will treat the information we have about you as if you were still our customer.